Sunday, December 05, 2004

Destination: Cuba

I'm looking at going to Cuba with a few friends over 1 - 8 January. There had been some debate as whether to book sooner or later, but it's looking like sooner may make more sense. We might save $100 per person by waiting to the last minute, but it's good to have things laid out in advance. And the price is already pretty damn good.

If anyone else is up for joining us, let me know.

Details as follows:

Resort: Club Amigo Guardalavaca
Cost: Under $700 per person, based on double occupancy

The fare covers food, airfare, hotel, and booze for a week. This is the same resort that Dan, Yonek and myself went to last year, and it was good times. Booking by Dec. 11th would be ideal. I'd be able to provide transport for myself and four others up to the Toronto airport, and we can split the cost of gas / parking.

9 Comments:

At 12:41 a.m., Blogger JTL said...

Damn... that looks *soooooo* tempting.

If I can squeeze out of TAing the B.Ed's in the first week of January (they go back the 3rd), I'll have to strongly consider going, if there's room still.

 
At 7:45 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Oh, there's room. Just got word back from the Exit.ca folk, and it is $100 less than advertised. That's right, a week in sunny Cuba for less than $600.

Let me know, anytime up to Dec 11.

 
At 1:54 a.m., Blogger Eve said...

So I'm in.

Yeah, I'm totally in.

 
At 7:31 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Sweet. Are you in for wings tonight? We can start talking details then.

Jason: Quit your fence sitting. You're never going to go to Cuba during in the cold part of the school year for this cheap. You'd be losing money if you didn't go.

And you can always call in sick for your TAing. There may be crashing waves and Samba music in the background when you call, but I'm sure no one will notice.

 
At 11:46 a.m., Blogger JTL said...

Got a response back from my prof: "Not a problem -- you're entitled to the holidays." This is partially why he rules.

So yeah, I'm in.

 
At 11:55 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Sweet. Glad to hear it.

That brings us to four, a nice round number for setting up rooms. But there's still space for a few more...

 
At 1:10 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

you guys should take lots of pics so we can all live vicariously through you.

 
At 1:20 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Sure, no problem. I'll be the gigantic cloud of cigar smoke with a pair of loud Hawaiian shorts sticking out the bottom.

 
At 1:33 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home