Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Update

The trip to the cottage was a lot of fun, despite abysmal weather that kept us in doors for most of the weekend. If nothing else, it allowed us the chance to get caught up on our movie-watching and food-eating, if there is such a thing as getting behind in those two particular activities.

We're planning to go back out again this weekend, but we're probably not going to have any company out this time around. It's been a while since Andrea and I have had a weekend to ourselves, and I think we're just going to take it easy for a bit. We're still hoping to have more time for entertaining later in the summer.

I've been reading the book Snow Crash recently, and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys any kind of computer-based science fiction. As far as a good hacker story goes, it's pretty hard to beat. Also: its main character is named Hiro Protagonist. Fan-tastic.

Still looking at the Real Estate market off and on, but much more off than on, these days. I still think that the price of housing is over-inflated, and there's a bubble ready to pop in there somewhere. This is perhaps less true of places like Calgary and (hopefully) more true of places like Ottawa. Still thinking that I might want to get into the market by at least buying some raw land or something, but quite comfortable in my current (albeit leaky) apartment.

I've started to run again, but my ambitions of fitness-dom are being dashed by tight fitting shoes that give me blisters whenever I run. My solution to this is to keep running until I build up callouses the size of walnuts on my feet, but perhaps you know a better solution. Years ago, Nubalance was the mark of high quality, respectable footwear. What is it, these days? It's literally been years since I've bought running shoes (and sadly, no, it's not because my current runners are worn out).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home