Thursday, April 07, 2005

I'll assume you want to hear about everything I'm doing right now.

I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time last night, and thought it was excellent. Not sure what category I'd put it in - it's hard to know where the dark comedy ends, and the philosophy begins. But regardless, a very involving movie with a lot of depth to it. It's particularly relevant for those of us who've made our share of mistakes along the way, and are still in the process of recognizing them as valuable learning experiences, rather than boneheaded blunders.

I'll be going in to work for a few hours tonight, so I should get the chance to see what the deal is going to be for my employment (or lack thereof). The fiscal year just began, so it's likely still in a state of chaos. It's not so much the lack of work that I'm worried about, it's just the implication that my old job is being allowed to slide down the tubes that I don't really like. At least if I'm not working, I'm going to totally destroy that first year economics exam I need to write.

I finally managed to get those shoes off to those Afghan orphans, after about a month of procrastination. They probably won't arrive for another month, but at least they're sent. You can get children's shoes at the local Salvation Army for $1 / pair, so it's a pretty good deal.

I'm still in the process of de-cluttering the cottage. One full garbage bag so far, and this is just the stuff that I know I can safely discard without bringing down the wrath of my family. Dinner last night was two steak sandwiches, washed down with a bottle of Guinness. I love the cottage.

Oh, that's right... for those of my student friends (I've mentioned this to Erin so far, but the same goes for the rest of you) who have a few breaks over the exam period, you're welcome to come out to the cottage for a few days to relax and study. Post a comment, or drop me an MSN if this is the case.

5 Comments:

At 3:34 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

Eternal Sunshine is def a great movie... I must admit that I'm glad to see Jim Carrey step away from the slapstick roles that he usually takes and show another side of his acting abilities.

Oh man... if I was back home I'd be a comin' to the cottage every time you offered... sigh.

 
At 7:36 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

Exams? What are those? = P

(This is when everyone hates me.)

 
At 12:06 a.m., Blogger JTL said...

I don't hate you, Kel, becase I don't have any either.

HA HA HA, FUCKIES-WITH-EXAMS! LIFE IS A BOWL OF GOD DAMN CHERRIES!!!

And now off to write two term papers. See you all in May.

 
At 10:07 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'm slightly amazed that I have more exams than Kelly does.

My work schedule's in, so I know better now when I will / won't be working. Most of you (sans Channing, who's currently in one of the Koreas) will be at cresting, so we'll figure out visits then.

Kelly: You still haven't been out here yet. It's pretty. You should come visit.

-RJA

 
At 3:14 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

I only had one class this term and our prof felt it was better having all the tests in class instead of waiting a month after classes end to write a final exam (a bit of an exaggeration, but still). So my last stats test was yesterday during my last class (and it went horribly).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home