Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Jay Oh Bee

I had an epiphany today. It happened when I was sprawled out on my porch, beer in one hand, cigar in the other, enjoying the intoxicating feeling of my black golf shirt soaking up the suns rays and producing a faint, warm, radiance in return.

I looked over the almost-spring surroundings of the cottage and thought to myself, "Why am I rushing to get a job? I'm going to be working for the next thirty years of my life, with only a few breaks in between. Who cares if I take a month or two off this summer? Is my life going to grind to a halt if I'm not saving up to buy a house? Why am in so much of a damned hurry?"

Not that this is particularly profound, but I think that this is going to be a good summer.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

KOREAAAAAAA!!!!!.... Come on over!

:)

 
At 11:47 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

*laugh* Korea would be fun... but there's a cottage with beer and charred red meat that I'd really hate to give up.

Lang: Let me know when you're done. We need to find a good patio to conquer and pillage. (ie. camp out for hours and drink them dry.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home