Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Officer, I think I saw the driver who hit me, and his name is Jack Daniels...

Feeling better today. I let myself get properly angry* last night, and it helped quite a bit. Granted, I should probably try and break myself of the habit of drinking bourbon when I'm angry, but it seemed to get the job done. Besides, it was only a glass or two while I had a cigar. Thanks to everyone who offered their sympathies, and to those of you who let me vent over MSN last night. (I think Lang got the worst of it.)

I've heard back from another company regarding the cask of Scotch, and things are looking up. It appears that they have casks available for around 1000 pounds stirling, which is negligibly more than the other company was asking. What's more, I might be able to get a better known brand, such as Macallan or Glenlivet. More to follow on that later.

For the nerds out there: anyone know of any good data streams for stock market data? I'm looking for text files to parse for a neural networking project.

* Being slow to rile, "angry" for me consists of me making snide remarks.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

*laugh* I think the Terminator said it best. "I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do." I'm not exactly emotional at the most emotional of times, but yes, that qualifies as venting in my books. Can't actually recall the last time I could've objectively been considered angry.

I have a bottle of Old Granddad Bourbon (114 proof) that does the trick quite nicely. Does this mean you've got a break for a while, or are you right back into the thick of things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home