Sunday, March 20, 2005

Update (part deux)

The trip to Tremblant has officially been scrapped, based on the realization that there is a perfeclty serviceable cottage for spending Easter Weekend at, vice spending $400 and ten hours of car-travel time to go somewhere else. We can consider this a reconnaissance mission for Operation Cottage Beer III.

I just updated A Helpful Suggestion with a little article on the Terri Schiavo feeding-tube debate. Share and enjoy.

Next week, I'll have to start on moving some of my many possessions out of my place in town and out to the cottage. If anyone likes beer and steak and doesn't mind lifting a few boxes, I'd appreciate your help. For those of you who've seen my place in town, you'll know it's not particularly large. This is a very favorable box-lifting to steak-eating ratio that we're talking about. Let me know. Also, I have a mini-fridge and a microwave that I'm looking to sell. If you're interested, make me an offer that I'm too lazy to refuse.

No word from Carleton. Perhaps this is the how the Powers that Be intend to tell me that I'm meant to be a gypsy when I grow up. I'm going to e-mail them as of Monday to see what the deal is.

Quick question: What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Why? If you don't have one, how have you found that whole not-drinking thing? I know from previous experience that it can be difficult at times.

4 Comments:

At 10:51 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:04 p.m., Blogger JTL said...

For my money, nothing beats a Singapore Sling on a patio on a warm summer evening. Although, I have yet to find a bar in TO which serves them with parasols. Any help you could provide, short of suggesting I bring my own parasols to the bar, would be appreciated.

 
At 1:15 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Ah, mojitos. Any drink that involves heaping teaspoons of sugar, freshly crushed lime, and a solid dash of Cuban rum is all right in my books.

Not that this is going to come as a surprise to anyone, but Scotch. Specifically, distiller's edition Lagavulin. It uses two casks, it's aged for 16 years, and it tastes like awesome. (or to people who don't like Scotch, like jet fuel)

 
At 1:15 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Lime = mint. What the hell was I thinking? Sorry Erin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home