Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Update

I decided to clean out my links. I'm actually a little ashamed, but I found it really hard to do. It was like I was taking your little digital avatars off life support - as though the one to two hits a month you got from me were sustaining you in some dark hour.

I was ruthless when I came up with the criteria, which was to retain the active blogs of people I've met in real life. It seems a bit arbitrary, but I think it makes sense.

I totally feel as though I should apologize for taking people off my links section. That's kind of strange, but at least I'm resisting the urge. You know I love all of you, regardless of whether or not I elect to wipe your digital existence from my memory.

Sigh.

Kittens are doing well. They're cuddled up now, after a long day of wrestling and driving me crazy. Whiskey has learned how to leap from her scratching post to the bed. It's amusing to watch from the living room, as it appears as though a kitten is hurtling through the air at about chest height, with no particular origin or destination.

Any way, time to cook some dinner and then play video games. Shrimp curry + Splinter Cell = Awesome.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 p.m., Blogger Id it is said...

No reason to feel ashamed; it makes sense to clean slate and move on to new pastures and 'live ones' at that.

 
At 9:09 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'm not so ashamed of purging the list of links as I was of my hesitation to clean house. Though I suppose that means I was ashamed of being ashamed. I'm not sure what you would call that... perhaps meta-shame?

Incidentally, for the more politically minded amoung you, I recommend having a look at this guy's blog - some interesting book reviews and other assorted commentary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home