Tuesday, June 16, 2009

High School Reunion: Update


General observations about the night:

- It seems like almost everyone in Calgary is working in the oil and gas sector. Which isn't really that surprising.

- Only a small number of people had gotten fat. Most of them seemed to be looking after themselves.

- At least five people told me that I'd lost weight since high school. Really? Since high school?

- I went up to talk to someone I thought I recognized, and then realized (two days later) that she was not, in fact, the person I thought she was. This would explain why that conversation was so awkward.

- There are still people who go to the bar with the sole intention of getting right liquored up.

- A significant amount of my time was spent looking at people and thinking, "You look vaguely familiar, but I have no idea what your name is." But, then again, that's how I spend most of my life.

- Many of the people who I'd liked to have seen weren't there....

- ...but, I was glad to catch up with some of the people who were there that I hadn't expected to see.

In closing, it's probably best that no one tried to hug me - otherwise, I would have been tempted to pinch my friend Robyn and push her into the girl's bathroom, just to complete the row.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 a.m., Blogger ecb said...

This post is hilarious but I'm sad you didn't get BINGO :( Maybe at the next reunion.

Speaking of - is anyone going back for homecoming ever again? The housemateys have discussed but 3/4 of us are in school so it won't be happening any time soon.

 
At 10:46 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

As it's only a short jaunt from Ottawa, we usually head down for Homecoming - but I think they've moved it to summer for a few years, or until such time as the Aberdeen shenanigans die down. Sad face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home