Friday, November 26, 2004

Tri-plan is in effect

I heard back from King's College today, and the news was good - I have the minimum prerequisites to apply, and am being encouraged to do so. I'm trying to track down a good grad school for a Master's in international affairs and between King's and Carleton, it's going to be a tight race. Both the program from Carleton and the one from King's sound perfect, and the employment history of their professors and alumni read like a catalogue of Ryan dream jobs.

(It's important to note that I'm a gigantic geek when it comes to this sort of thing, and would prefer a job at the United Nations dealing with weapons proliferation to, say, a career as a Rockstar Jet-Motorcycle Stuntpilot.)

That puts me mid-way through the first stage of the Tri-plan, which is designed to eventually get me out of Kingston (I love you all, but I still need to get out of this town) and onto the next stage of life-ness.

The Tri-plan is essentially:

1.) Apply to graduate schools.
2.) If rejected by both, apply for government work in my field.
3.) If not hired, take a year to travel and learn a language or two. Restart Tri-plan next year.

A mere two hours until the weekend begins. I have errands to run this afternoon, but I will be at Eve's end-of-term shindig later tonight and then assist Erin with her departure from her teenage years on Saturday. Sunday and Monday are going to be spent out at the cottage, where I'm going to drink Cuban Death Coffee and smoke a cigar the size of a infant's forearm.

Good times.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 p.m., Blogger JTL said...

Wait a sec... *promoting* weapons proliferation, or *discouraging* weapons proliferation? With you fancy-pants military-types, it's sometimes hard to tell.

 
At 8:31 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. With the UN, you never really know. One uncorrected typo, and I could end up handing out grenades to kids in Sierra Leone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home