Monday, December 27, 2004

Countdown to Cuba

Cuba's been booked, after a long and arduous wait. I have no one to blame for that but myself - I'd thought prices were going to drop at the last minute, and instead it was the quantity available that dropped. The Dominican Repubic has had a bit of a malaria problem, so there's no shortage of cheap flights to there. As much as I appreciate a good bargain, I think I'll pass. We did, however, managed to find a good deal on a nice four star resort. So I'm happy.

I am going to be around in Kingston for New Years, if anyone else is around for some festivities. Granted, as the flight to Cuba leaves at 6:35 am, Erin and I are going to have to leave very soon after ringing in the New Year, but we'll still be around for that evening. Give a shout if you'll be around K-town and want to go out and do something.

After struggling with an excess of time on my hands the past couple of weeks, I think I've entered into a happy medium again. Between being in a relationship, spending time with friends, planning the benefit dinner, grad school applications, Science Fair, a course in Macroeconomics, and that "work" stuff, I might just have enough on my plate to keep me busy. Let's hope. I've been watching a lot of Monster Garage lately, and I'm starting to get ideas.

There is that catapult that I always wanted to build...

Cameron's coming down for a few days to visit Calgary, which should be good times. I'm planning an all-Calgary evening to welcome him to my home town. Dinner at Cattle Baron, blackjack at Frank Sisson's, and then off to Outlaws for a little mayhem. I'm not a big fan of the 'club scene,' but people-watching at Outlaws is bound to be entertaining. The slogan they use on radio ads is "From what I can remember, it's a night I'll never forget." Classy.

2 Comments:

At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, that's the plan, at least. I'm looking forward to it. This time I hope to A) not burn all the hair off my arm and B) not have my gin stolen every time my back is turned. Science!

 
At 9:45 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

science!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home