Monday, April 11, 2005

Title!

I've started sending in job applications. I have no idea as to how long I can expect to wait before I hear something, but I'm hopeful that something will come of the three applications that I sent in. Today's been relatively productive. I was supposed to go for a medical at work today, but it turns out that they cancelled my appointment, but forgot to mention it to me. How kind of them.

In the end, it wasn't a big deal. I went to campus and started to study for my one (1) exam. It's not for another ten days, but I might as well get a head start, considering that I'll be starting work again tomorrow.

It was my first time back on campus in some time, and I was surprised how many friends and acquaintances that I ran into. As many people disappear from Queen's once their degree is done, almost as many stick around. Kingston is a funny town for that.

Not that I'm particularly worried about Macroeconomics, but I can feel some of the old procrastinating habits creeping back in again. Thankfully, it's nowhere near as bad as it was for Winter 2003, when I was writing the last exams of my degree, yet spent the majority of my time looking at Bulgarian real estate online.

Despite the weather we've been having, there's still ice on the lake. Any day now. Fortunately, my kayak is made of plastic, so I should be able to paddle amongst the iceburgs without risking too much as far as hull integrity is concerned.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Jess: Chris Johnstone? Sig Op? Corporal? Is this the guy? If so, I know him. He's the guy who bought the Beast from me earlier this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home