Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Biding time

I've checked my voicemail an unhealthy amount over the past few days. The more frustrating my current job becomes, the more anxious I am to move on and leave the old one behind. This isn't to say that I'd leave Kingston before the end of the summer - quite the contrary - but a sign that I have some form of permanent employment would be welcome, at this point.

They said that my results would be available in 3 - 6 weeks. It's been one week exactly, so far.

The healthy eating and exercise is going well. I've managed to get up for a run / exercise at 7 am every day this week, and will even be so bold as to go for a run tomorrow. Madness.

I picked up a game called Mercenaries the other day. The premise is that you're a mercenary trying to topple a North Korean coup. The combat engine thus far is unimpressive, but the game itself is expansive and entertianing, so I really can't complain. It's by LucasArts, a game renowned for putting out some of the best adventure games that have ever existed. If you have an old, legacy machine, I highly recommend both Full Throttle and Sam and Max Hit the Road, to say nothing of the Monkey Island series.

I'm going out to the cottage for the weekend. It might, might even be warm enough to float in a tube and have a cigar. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home