Friday, May 06, 2005

Study Along with Ryan

He was an erudite student, bound to be a professor one day.

There is an exigent need to exit the building when you hear a fire alarm.

Most of Fox’s network programming is fulsome.

When you use ten words when three will do, you’re being loquacious and garrulous.

9 months ago, Sophia was inchoate. Now, she’s my newborn niece!

Often when people are upset, they simply get laconic rather than addressing the real issue.

Spend a few days on a desert island and when you crack open a coconut you'll really appreciate that mellifluous stream of milk.

When I have tac-vest on and a rifle in my hand, I really look minatory.

I feel a sense of odium for people who only look out for their own best interests.

Fossils are ossified.

It sounded like I had a serious concern when I was merely making a joke. I was required to palliate my remarks before the evening could continue.

A really strong curry is something that certain people find quite piquant.

A good critical review will make use of a polemic argument to counter the author’s point.

My grandfather was a man of great probity. He was also very sagacious.

In the army, you come to feel a sense of great propinquity with your fellow soldiers.

International affairs is often a matter of first propitiating the respective parties, before the real issues can be addressed.

Cults often need to proselytize outsiders to keep their numbers up.

Most people would say Latin is very recondite; they have no desire to spend the time required to learn it.

A vagabond is quite ribald.

It’s salubrious to give up smoking. It’ll add years to your life.

After a few days in the field, it’s common to get moody and saturnine.

Some soldiers can be lazy. Others are quite sedulous.

You could also call a counterfeit dollar a spurious dollar.

Leaping off the top of the jumping rocks is an act of great temerity.

A cornered bear is a truculent animal.

People who covet money above all things are often foul people of great turpitude, as they don’t care who they hurt so long as they get what they want.

Credit card companies are usurers. If you don’t pay your bill quickly, it can cost a fortune.

Basic training instructors are known for their vituperation when jacking up recruits.

If I use any of this obscure verbiage after my test is done, please smack me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home