Monday, May 02, 2005

Busy, Busy.

This past weekend was interesting - first chance getting back in "the field" (Army slang for being on exercise) in close to a year. Unfortunately, it meant that I didn't get quite as much sleep as I would've liked. This weekend was actually better than average, and I was looking at the equivalent of around 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Much better than the 3-4 hours in a week that I've done on occasion.

Now that they're no longer allowed to physically abuse you to simulate stress, they use sleep deprivation. I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't just prefer a good, solid beating instead.

I know this is a little silly of me, but I'm very happy to see that there are now two loons in our bay. This means that the usual summer tradition (ie. the loons having little baby-loons, which slowly develop into adolescents over the course of the summer) remains intact. It also means more loon call. For my money, it doesn't get any better than falling asleep to loon call.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, when Andrea and I will be going to Ottawa to visit my sister Jessica and her husband Peter. I've been in at work every day since last Monday, so having a bit of downtime will be much appreciated.

The studying's going well. In my heart of hearts, I know that the longer and harder I work at this, the better it is that I'll feel should things come through. But a part of me still wishes that I could just skip the testing, interviews, evaluations, negotiations, etc. and start the job. Ah, well.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 p.m., Blogger Dave said...

I'm a big fan of the good old fashioned beatings-beautiful loons segue. That's what I like about this blog!

 
At 8:45 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

HEAR HEAR... Bring on the beatings and loon calls!

 
At 9:25 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

In retrospect, I should have put in a Star Wipe as transition, but it doesn't translate so well in the ol' blog format.

*STAR WIPE*

Nope. Just isn't the same.v

 
At 9:27 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Update on vocabulary studying: I just used the world "incredulous" in a real sentence. What's worse, I used it to describe someone in a reality TV show. I need to write this exam now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home