Sunday, May 08, 2005

Update

Andrea and I just got back from Ottawa about an hour ago. It was a great trip, and we had really good weather for it. Most of it was spent in various bars and restaurants, but we did manage to get in a good hike down out in Gatineau on Saturday. We stayed with Jess and Peter (sister and brother-in-law, respectively), who were kind enough to both let us crash at their place and buy us both Italian and Thai food.

The benefit dinner is back in the forefront of my mind. I'm going to see if I can get the fine folk at AquaTerra to sponsor it, but that would be the ideal situation, and by no means the only option. I have a guest speaker, though, which is a lot further along than I thought I'd be, some few months ago.

I'm going to hit up a compterized GRE practice exam and see how I do. This should be a pretty good gauge of whether or not I'm ready to write the aptitude tests on Wednesday. I also need to buy myself a new suit. I hope they can hem the pants in 1.5 days because, as of Tuesday, I need to head back to Ottawa.

Apparently doing embarassing things in your sleep runs in the family. While once I spoke aloud as I slept, saying, "I'll get right on that," and began typing on the pillow next to me, Jessica once apparently said the phrase, "These Siberian huskies sure are tasty," when she was asleep. Winner: Jess.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 p.m., Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

So...where'd you go for Thai?

 
At 7:08 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'm not sure - it was take out, and my sister's the resident expert. I think it was Mekong, but not 100% sure.

Come to think of it, I don't know where we went for Italian, and we did eat at that restaurant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home