Sunday, July 24, 2005

Weekend = Good

This weekend's been gooooood. We went out to the cottage on Friday, and I met my niece for the very first time. She's adorable. She's at about three months now, and she's just learning how to roll over by herself. I can't wait until she's up and walking - she's going to be absolute hell on wheels.

Andrea and I woke early on Saturday, had a nice leisurely breakfast, and then went for a swim. The water is extremely warm, but the wind was kicking up some pretty healthy waves, so I didn't stay more than about 20 minutes. I went upstairs, dried off, and spent some quality time on the porch with my brother-in-law and a couple of choice Costa Rican cigars.

We came back in early Saturday evening, had some dinner, and then went off to Riz's place for a little pre-drinking. Jake, Riz, Jason, Andrea and I spent a bit of time on the porch, working on the bottle of scotch that I keep at their place and having, you guessed it, another round of cigars. We then proceeded to the Elixir, where we spent the rest of the night having cheap drinks on their patio. It was a great night.

We (Riz, Andrea, Jason, myself, Yonek, and Anna-Lisa) did brunch at AquaTerra this morning. It was delicious. They gave us a free round of Mimosa (orange juice and champagne), and laid out another excellent spread. It took us about an hour and a half, just to eat breakfast.

Andrea, Riz and I rounded out the day with a trip to the local cinema, where we took in a showing of Wedding Crashers. Very funny movie.

Not much else going on, aside from that. Two weeks left in my course. I received another shipment from Amazon.ca, so I've been able to get into The Dance of the Voodoo Handbag by Robert Rankin, browse through a Shelby Cobra photo book, and enjoy some choice Cuban music. I picked up CDs by both La Orishas (a Cuban rap group) and The Afro-Cuban Jazz Project. Excellent music, and very appropriate for the weather we've been having.

I'll leave you this Sunday afternoon with a question: has anyone noticed that shorts are apparently "out" in terms of fashion this summer? Andrea pointed this out to me - a lot of people are wearing pants this summer, despite the ridiculous heat. Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on this particular fashion trend?

3 Comments:

At 4:06 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

They either have to be really long cargo shorts or board shorts. But kakhi shorts that end above the knee just don't cut it anymore. C'est la fasion vie!

 
At 9:24 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I can understand a move to longer shorts, but a lot of people have cut out shorts entirely. In weather that's ridiculously humid, and in the high 30s. Bizarre. I can understand that there are times when fashion comes before comfort, but how can you look good when you're sweating buckets because your pants are too damned hot?

 
At 10:45 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

That's when light weight cargo pants comein super handy. The old combat pants were amazing in the summer. They're my fav summer attire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home