Saturday, November 26, 2005

Update

It's been a busy couple of days. Andrea and I celebrated our one year anniversary this past Friday with a dinner at (surprise) AquaTerra. It was a very fun night, and I'm still itching to try out my anniversary present, a shiny new meerschaum pipe. Meerschaum is a special kind of clay that's mined in Turkey, and acts as a natural filter for the nicotine and assorted nastiness of lit pipe tobacco. If well cared for, it will age a distinct golden brown and last a lifetime. Very cool.

There's still no word in the job search, although I'm expecting to hear something by the end of this coming week. I'm working this weekend, which may end up being my last weekend with this particular place of employment. I'm a little sad about that but, at the same time, I'm definitely ready for a change.

I should keep this brief. We're heading out to celebrate Erin's birthday in just a few short minutes, and then I'll need to hit the sack. For a number of reasons, I've elected to not work this coming week, and will be spending a good portion of my time out at the cottage. I'm not sure if I'm going to work on any projects while I'm there. I may just use it as an excuse to do some reading and catch up on my sleep. The last vestiges of this cold are still hanging on with iron talons, and I want to shake it before we leave this coming Thursday.

Ah, yes. This coming Thursday. There are plans in the works, but it's nothing I can talk about openly at the moment. I'll explain after the time has come and gone. I know that sounds secretive, but it's the best I can do.

I'm starting to put together birthday plans for Dec 9th. I know it's a busy time of year with exams and all, so you're interested in just coming out for pre or post dinner drinks, that's totally cool. And if you can't make it altoghether, I definitely understand. That said, we're going to shoot for an 8:00 pm reservation at AquaTerra. If you're interested, let me know - though I'm probably going to do a round of e-mailing, too. We'll likely be doing the pre- and post-dinner drinking there, as well.

That's all. Duke, out.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

Sigh... Army geek!

:P

 
At 3:35 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Channing: Actually, I was attempting to mock Ryan Seacrest, host of American Idol. At the end of each show, he says, "Seacrest, out." I figure, if it's good enough for that Ryan, it's good enough for this Ryan.

 
At 4:09 p.m., Blogger JTL said...

Ryan: The fact you know this is disturbing.

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

JTL: I did my homework.

http://www.ryanseacrest.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home