Saturday, December 10, 2005

Big News

I was hesitant to mention this on my blog, considering that it's still tentative, but it looks like a job offer has come through. I'll know for sure in another week or so, but we've already talked numbers and everything's been agreed upon. So, once things have had a chance to work their way through the HR department, I'll be able to sign on the dotted line and make things official.

I'm going to travel to Ottawa next week to look at condos/homes/townhomes and see what I can dig up. I wouldn't be able to purchase anything until the job comes through officially, but I figure that I'm better off having more time to shop, rather than less. Once the word does come through, there's going to be a lot of moving to do in a very short period of time.

I'm very excited, but a little hesitant to start celebrating until everything's been finalized. The call came through on my birthday, which was excellent timing, and made for a very pleasant surprise. Also, theoretically it means that I can retire on another birthday, which is a neat idea, if you ask me.

It still really hasn't sunk in yet. I'm excited, but it still doesn't seem real. I'm working this weekend, so perhaps it'll feel a bit real once I'm in Ottawa, looking at condos.

Anyways, if anyone has any insights in house shopping in general (or Ottawa house shopping specifically), then I'd appreciate hearing from you.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Susan: Thanks for the suggestions... I'm still trying to find a realtor, but this will give me a better idea of what the neighbourhoods are like. Speaking of ex-GWers, I'm staying with my sister for a few days. I think Andrew's in town, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home