Friday, January 06, 2006

Businesses I Hate and Love

America West - Hate

Thanks for cancelling our flight and putting us up in a low rent-motel. Jerks.

CIBC Aerogold Visa - Love

What can you say about a credit card company that covers your hotel, meals, transportation, and entertainment to the tune of several hundred dollars when your flight gets cancelled? I love you, CIBC Aerogold Visa, and I want to have your babies.

Future Shop, Ottawa South - Hate

What do you mean, you won't exchange my damned XBox? You want to send it off to the factory? For up to TWO MONTHS? And then, MAYBE you'll give me a new one? On second thought, why don't I return it to Kingston, where they'll give me a new one over the counter. Also, why don't I never shop with you again? That's right, Future Shop. You're THIS CLOSE to being replaced by Best Buy.

AquaTerra - Love

I don't think this needs explaining.

JetsGo - Hate

Maybe you thought I'd forget that you'd declared bankruptcy, and cost me several hundred dollars in additional airfare. Well, I didn't. Take a hint, JetsGo. Now that you're down - stay down.

The Business Inn, Ottawa - Love

Now, don't get me wrong. There's a lot that the Business Inn could improve on. It's parkade kind of smells like garbage, and there's a lot of paint missing from the door to my room. And Andrea would like you to actually have signs for your establishment, so she doesn't have to drive past 5 times before she finds it. But something you do to the bed can make me sleep for 14 hours at a crack, and you include a free computer for me to use. You also printed off MapQuest directions for me, for which I'll be forever grateful. Or at least until you screw up my room service. (Just kidding, Business Inn. You know I'd never order your room service.)

Delta Skymiles - Hate

I can't book a flight until 2007? Are you INSANE? What if I'm willing to take three stop-overs to cover a little over 2000 km? Oh, I have to wait until 2008 for anything less than four stop-overs? I'll tell you what, why don't you use my SkyMiles to fly your head somewhere outside of your ass.

Sunoco - Love

94 Octane? WheeeEEEEEE!

Microsoft - Hate

Listen, I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but how about you build a video game console that doesn't die after a year's worth of use? I know that you have a new console, and that it's having a little problem remaining solid, but could you perhaps fix the problems with your old products before you create new ones? If not, the next-next-gen console will probably set fire to your house when you plug it in.

VIP Chinese - Love

You have an all-meat, no-vegetable dish. And it's damned tasty. Also, any restaurant that serves "spicy tingly beef" deserves some pretty hefty praise.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 p.m., Blogger JTL said...

I am aiming to acquaint myself with VIP more in the New Year, and Tingly Beef looks like it could be the must-have dish of '06.

 
At 2:34 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'm a big fan of their combos. You get an egg roll, a thing of wonton soup, and a mixed dish. Chicken balls and chicken fried rice is also fantastic.

 
At 8:45 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, I know. I may have to start going to Walmart. *shudder*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home