Monday, December 12, 2005

Ottawa

I made my way to Ottawa earlier today. I left from the cottage, so I had the chance to visit my grandmother along the way. She's moved from town to the country recently, so I've been visiting her more than usual while she's getting used to her new surroundings. I think it's been a bit of an adjustment for her, but we're hoping that it'll be easier as time passes. Change is never easy, but I definitely think it gets even harder as we get older.

Thus far, all I've managed to do is get to Ottawa. I still need to find myself a realtor and start talking to banks about mortgages. From what I've heard, the market in Ottawa has softened a bit in recent weeks, making this a good time to be a buyer. I doubt that I'll be able to find a place before the week is out (not that I'd be able to purchase one until my employment is confirmed), but at least it will give me a rough idea of what's available.

In the mean time, this will give me a chance to visit with some of the folk who are in Ottawa for the week. Erin's in town until tomorrow, and some buddies from work are here for the next few days as well. I'm also hoping to visit with my cousin before she leaves for Australia, and perhaps go out with my sister and brother-in-law for a celebratory dinner.

I'm looking forward to Christmas. I'm thinking (not for the first time, nor for the last) that this will be a good time to get some more work done on Geriatica. Several hundred people have gone through the first few chapters, and I feel more than a little sad that they haven't been able to continue reading. There's nothing more painful than reading an unfinished book.

That's about it for now. I think I'm going to go eat a sandwich and spend some more time browsing MLS.ca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home