Sunday, October 29, 2006

Update

Weekend's winding down, but it was a good one. Had a training day with the army on Saturday (set up / tear down a modular tent), followed by a full, proper day off on Sunday. Didn't do much of anything - slept late, played video games and watched 'The Sentinel'. Just what I needed.

The kittens are doing well, and starting to show more of their personalities, now that they're getting settled in. They're still destructive little brats, but they haven't destroyed my ottoman yet, so I'm happy.

I started playing Sid Meier's Pirates! yesterday, and I can tell that it has the same potential for addiction as most of his other games. You may scoff at this, but I had a roommate at university who lost two years of his academic live to Civilization 2.

Rumour has it that it's going to be another mild winter. Living in Ottawa, I'd say that the news is welcome, but I'd still like to get some skiing in at some point or another, which is something I was unable to do last year. Hopefully I can make it to Tremblant at some point or another.

We've elected to keep the cottage open throughout the winter, so perhaps there will be some cottaging going on in the not-too-distant future. This is dependant on kittens being able to sustain themselves for a weekend. Considering they regularly get themselves stuck behind large items of furniture, it may be a few months before we're ready to leave them to their own devices.

Oh, and here's something to consider - if you've recently graduated and don't have health benefits as part of your job, consider taking a correspondance course from a university and opting into their health plan. It works out to cost something like CAN$600 for health and dental, whereas you're lucky to get Blue Cross for under a grand.

I'm going to bed. Starting into the H.G. Wells. Finished The Time Machine, starting Invisible Man. All in all, I'd say I'd prefer The Time Machine, but we'll see what the rest of Invisible Man has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home