Friday, May 20, 2005

Musical Baton

Riz passed this to me, so here we go:

Total Music Files on My Harddrive: We'll guestimate at 1,500.

Last CD I bought: Portishead, Glory Times

Song Playing Right Now: When I went running this morning, I listened to the new Offspring album, Splinter.

Five Songs That Mean a Lot to Me / I Listen to a Lot:

Black Monday, Lowest of the Low
Holiday, Green Day
Road Trippin', Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Sincero, Lowest of the Low
Hotel California, Gipsy Kings

I'm not passing the baton, but feel free to post something similar if you're so inclined.

4 Comments:

At 1:05 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

Just cause it's a way cool song, I'm gonna take this opportunity to recommend "Common People" (Pulp's classic punk class-worship song) covered by William Shatner.

 
At 4:35 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

For my money, you can't beat Shatner's rendition of "Mr. Tambourine Man."

 
At 12:27 a.m., Blogger JTL said...

Was it in GW where someone described the screaming at the end of Shatner's rendition of that song along the lines of, "He sounds as if he just found out Mr. Tambourine Man knocked-up his 12-year old daughter"? Or was that somewhere else?

 
At 7:17 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I think that was GW. It sounds like GW.

"MISTER TAMBOURINE MANNNNNNNNNN!"

Also: GW once did a mock-biography of William Shatner in which jelly donuts were referred to as "Shatner Fatners."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home