Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Two Four

Well, there was no tube floating this weekend. Nor was there much stepping-foot-outside. It was pretty stinking cold, and most of our collective time was spent inside the cottage.

But, that doesn't mean that it wasn't a good weekend. Andrea, Riz and I stayed out at the cottage, and my co-worker Brian and his girlfriend Joanna came out for a visit one of the evenings. Apart from drinking too much whiskey and smoking too many cigars (that was the sole outdoors activity) we did a lot of talking, watched a lot of movies, ate a lot of BBQ (including Breakfast Burgers) and played a highly addictive XBox game called Mojo. Even with the extra day, the weekend passed far too quickly for my liking.

The season finale of 24 was on last night, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with how everything wrapped up. I know that some regular readers are both big 24 fans and have not yet made their way to the fourth season, so I'll avoid giving away too much, but apart from a few scenes where the special effects were rather lacking, it was a very good couple of episodes and I'm eager to see what they'll do with the next season.

While I have not heard anything official from my aptitude testing, we'll suffice it to say that I have good reason to believe that everything's coming up Duke.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

My strange roommate from Vancouver swears that people in BC have no idea what May 2-4 is... How is that possible? They just call it May long weekend. Losers.

 
At 11:06 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

That's just wrong. You buy a 2-4 and go out for the 2-4. And maybe drive a 4 x 4.

Silly Westerners.

In an unrelated note, when I first came here from Calgary, I was absolutely stunned that no one knew terms like "flat of pop" or "BBQ a smokey." It just blew. My. Mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home