Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Countdown to Course Completion

In a surprise turn of events, the government hiring process is actually moving faster than I'd expected. I'm now booked for another battery of interviews over the span of two days in mid-August.

So yeah, as of August 17th, I'll have completed all aspects of the application process. Then it's just a matter of waiting for a job offer.

The course is getting dangerously close to wrapping up. I have three more days of in-class "exercise" before we call it quits. I need to write one long report, two short ones, and deliver an impromptu briefing. We then take a break for over the weekend, and come back in time for a graduation breakfast. Apparently, it's quite a big deal. I tried to convince them to hold it at AquaTerra, but without avail.

I'm debating whether or not I'll do any traveling before I move to Ottawa. On one hand, it'll probably be the last chance I get to do any serious traveling before work begins. On the other hand, it'll be the last big chunk of time that I'll be able to spend in Kingston before work begins.

Hmmm.

Okay, that's enough for now. I need to get to work. 3 more days...

2 Comments:

At 1:44 p.m., Blogger JTL said...

How about this as a compromise... take all us Kingston-folk to Costa Rica! And, of course, pay for everything. That'd be right-generous of ya.

 
At 3:13 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

How about I invite everyone to the cottage, and feed you all shots of Guaro (Costa Rican sugar cane liquer) until you can't tell the difference?

Now THAT'S a compromise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home