Sunday, September 25, 2005

Cam

I almost forgot about you today. For that, I'm sorry. I wish I could've been there with your family, down by the lake. They were so glad to see everyone last year. They were just happy that we'd remembered. I just couldn't, though. Not this year.

I hope you don't think any less of me because of it. It didn't mean that I wasn't thinking about you, or that I've stopped missing you. Weeks or months can go by without me thinking about it, but there are times when it still feels like I just found out. I can't decide which is worse, remembering you or forgeting about you.

I know that I shouldn't blame myself, but part of me still feels as though I could've done something to help you. I know that's a natural way to react, but it doesn't mean that it hurts any less.

I meant what I said, back then. If you saw what we did in your honour, I hope you approved. I never felt like I ever got the words right. I don't even think that I'm getting these words right. I still wanted to try, though.

Thank you for your wonderful friendship, and I hope you know how much you meant to those who knew you. As hard as it may be, it's still worth remembering.