Saturday, September 24, 2005

Homecoming

It's homecoming weekend here at Queen's University, and I have to say that I'm having a pretty damned good time so far.

Andrea and I went to Ritual yesterday afternoon. Okay, fine. Yesterday morning. Ritual opened at precisely 11:45 am, but we were there by around 10:00 am to guarantee a decent spot in line. And, let me tell you, we were almost too late by the time we got there.

Once in, I was fortunate enough to run into some old company that I hadn't seen in some time. My former housemate, Eric, is back in town doing a master's, and this was our first time to hang out since he got back into town. Andrew, the Golden Words editor from my first year at the paper, was also around, and we ended up splitting pitchers for about five or six solid hours. We were also joined by Yonek, Jake, Riz, Jason, and a host of Golden Words contributors from years past. It was pretty damned great.

I wish I could say that I managed to make it out later that evening for another kick at the proverbial cat, but I was pretty much done for by that point. I slept from about 5:45 pm until 9:45 pm, at which point we went out for dinner at Gusto's. After that, we pretty much just crashed right out.

I took a lot of photos during the afternoon in question. They'll tell the story far better than I can. I just need to be near a computer with the proper card reader, first.

I'm going to head for the football game in a few hours. First, I need to track down some form of nourishment. I'm thinking V.I.P. Chinese.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

'Nee: I have leftovers, so that's what I brought in for lunch today. I love their combos. So much food, so very cheap.

Mmm. Spicy tingly beef.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home