Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sprung

Andrea and I have been studying out at the cottage for the past few days. Okay, I lie. She's been studying, and I've been playing Splinter Cell. But I will be studying today. Probably.

The weather here has been beautiful, and I've been trying to make the most of it. I had the manly homeowner experience of pressure washing my deck, and I have to say that it was pretty damned satisfying. I haven't set out in the kayak yet, but likely will once we get another nice, warm day and I don't have to worry about exams.

These are heady times. There are buds on the trees. We're falling asleep to the call of the loon. The dock is begging to be put in the water. Soon spring will be on us full force, and I'll be napping in the sunshine, taking a much needed respite from my hard shift of relaxing that started way back at beer o'clock.

I miss the regular pay of being on contract, but I can't complain about the new hours I have. I'm working 8 to 4, three or four days a week. As a result, I'm out about 40-50% of my normal pay. But it's pretty hard to convince me that this is a sacrifice that isn't worth making, with my last summer of relaxation stretching out before me.

My sister is still exceedingly pregnant, and I am still not an uncle. Considering she just passed her thesis defence, perhaps having a bit of rest before she goes into labour is a good thing.

Okay, back to Splinter Cell. Those Indonesian terrorists aren't going to shoot themselves from the shadows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home