Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hold the Scones

I checked my PO box yesterday, and word has come back from England that they don't want me in their grad school. Pip pip.

Thankfully, I'm about two months beyond wanting to be accepted at King's College (three cheers for aggressive job-hunting) and really couldn't care less if they did or didn't let me in. In fact, if they had let me in, odds are pretty good that I wouldn't have taken it.

Should I end up in a suitable government job, odds are good that they will look at sending me back for my Master's at some point in the not-too-distant future, and would pay me to do so. Can't beat dat.

I think I've entered into what we lovingly refer to as a "posting slump" at work. Essentially, I have but a single week left to finish off my handover training, then it's even money that I'll never be back in that office again once September rolls around. That said, I'll wait until I hear back from a potential employer before I put in for my transfer to Ottawa.

I went kayaking this morning. It was cold, but exceedingly fun.

It looks as though they'll be loading me on my Sergeant's course for this summer, which'll probably mean that I'll have most of August off. My other option is to go to Petawawa for two weeks so that I can run around in the bushes playing silly bugger. When you contrast that with spending a beautiful month at the cottage drinking beer and taking it easy, the proper choice becomes more and more apparent.

Thanks to the ever-impossible-to-deal-with Delta Airlines, it appears as though the sojourn to Costa Rica is going to be put on hold. We tried to see if we could get down / back to Costa Rica and/or Palm Springs using Delta Skymiles, but both seemed to be near impossible feets of Skymile daring-do. Andrea and I will either be cashing in my 2-for-1 Air Canada pass, or catching a charter out of Washington DC instead.

The bottom line: Two weeks in California.

I've reached a very appropriate level of "busy-ness" these days, but am starting to fall behind on my plans for the benefit dinner. I need to get on that. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home