Sunday, June 26, 2005

Some Things you Probably Didn't Know About Me

I don't eat vegetables. This started when I was still an infant. In order to get me to eat any kind of vegetable, my mother would surround meat with mushed-up vegetable. At the age of 2, I was picking out the meat and getting rid of all that other stuff that, in my mind, was inedible. To this day, I eat tomatoes only in sauces and spinach only when forced to. The other vegetables are a non-starter.

I never learned how to hold a pen properly. You know how most people use three fingers to grip it in a kind of traingle shape? I just make a fist and jam a pen in there. Despite this one "writing-related" quirck, I can touch-type with great agility.

I used to be extremely shy around girls. I didn't ask out a girl until I was in my last year of high school.

The first time I was ever materially rewarded for my writing, it was by Lonely Planet guidebooks for really embarrassing story that involved me performing *ahem* certain hygenic acts with wadded-up Indonesian currency. They gave me a guide to "Westen Europe". Western was spelled wrong.

I've read every Harry Potter book.

When I go out to the bars and have had a good amount to drink, I really enjoy having a taxi take me through a drive-thru window. I order from the back seat. I used to do this all the time with Burger King, before every one in Kingston closed down.

6 Comments:

At 10:47 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

I'm pretty sure I've seen you try to stab paper with a pen on more than one occasion.

 
At 11:14 p.m., Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

What is up with BK? When did the ones in Kingston close? The one near where I lived in Ottawa suddenly closed like overnight just before I left.

Not that I frequented the place, mind you. In 7 years I went there once. I just went by it often because it was on the way to the grocery store. Really.

 
At 12:33 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'm not sure why the ones in Kingston went under. They did really good business. What's more, it was the only fast food burger joint that I could stand.

I think the guy who owned them was just ready to get out of business, and couldn't find someone to buy his franchises for the right price.

It was the perfect way to round off a night of drinking. Pity.

 
At 1:19 p.m., Blogger Kelly said...

The Harry Potter books are great.

 
At 3:05 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Kelly: They really are. I'm excited about the new one coming out. Whenever they hit shelves, I usually end up reading for two full days afterwards.

 
At 3:09 p.m., Blogger Channing said...

The BEST way to end a night of drinking is with a large-sized cup of Bubba's poutine. NO ARGUMENT!

Don't you ever spread such horrible lies again! Burger King... Yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home