Monday, May 30, 2005

Update

It's been a busy couple of days. Andrea, myself, Dan, and Dan's girlfriend all went to Wonderland this past weekend. This is the first time I've ever been to Wonderland (that I can remember, at least) and I have to say that I enjoyed it, albeit not as much as I enjoy the Disney theme parks. But I did go upside down on a roller coaster for the very first time, which is worth noting.

I have two days left before my contract comes to an end and I go on two days worth of summer vacation. That's the one downside of contract hopping is that I'm unable to take my leave when I really want to, and must instead take it at the end of each contract. That said, I'm really excited about going to the cottage this weekend, and having a few days off beforehand to just relax and take it easy.

I saw the new Fox show American Dad the other day, and I have to say it was pretty funny. At first, I thought I was watching Family Guy (the animation style is virtually identical) but realized quickly that I was essentially watching an inverse of Family Guy.

Ie. Take Family Guy, replace intelligent dog with German fish, replace fat everyman Dad with super agent, replace Machiavellian baby with alien, and you have American Dad. I'm pretty sure they realize how formula they're being, but that they're just playing along with it as a convenient platform for jokes. And really, it works.

I think A Helpful Suggestion (my other blog) is officially dead. I neither have the time nor the inclination to update it. It's a shame. I enjoyed the premise.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Channing said...

Sniff... I'm gonna miss "A Helpful Suggestion."

 
At 10:23 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I know. It was fun. But way too much work.

I used to update each and every day, and now I'm down to about once every three or four days. Granted, it's the summer, and most people are doing the same (my hits are down to about 1/2 to 1/3 what they were in the winter), but still. No more "A Helpful Suggestion."

I still need to edit the rest of Geriatica, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home