Saturday, June 18, 2005

Back!

I have free time again. What a novel thought.

Andrea and I are leaving on vacation first thing tomorrow. We're going to drive down to Washington D.C. and hang out for a few days, then we're off to San Diego. A short hop in a convertible later, and we're going to be in Palm Desert, where we're going to stay for the next couple of weeks.

And yes, we are going to Disney Land.

The past couple of weeks have been busy, but enjoyable. The exercise that I was on required me to work, in some cases, 16 hour days. Add to that the fact that I needed to get the cottage in shape for mom's July arrival date, and I've barely had time to think.

It's looking as though my next career-level course may be postponed. I wish I could give a good reason for this, but it appears that it's simply a matter of poor planning. All the same, I won't complain if I end up with a couple of extra weeks of vacation. I'm going to have a lot of family coming into town for July and August, and it would be good to have some time to spend with them.

We had the chance to have a quick visit with my sister Jess and her husband Peter, and their friends Megan and Chris. Jess and Megan were in the same Gender and Technology class at Carleton (Sidenote: Yes, I was puzzled at first, too.) while Chris and Peter know each other from their days at Queen's, back before Chris went on to become a famous rockstar. We drank wine, ate BBQ, and traded stories. It was a good time.

Okay, I need to go and unload all the stuff I've accumulated over the past few years in one of the empty closets that Jake and Riz have so kindly offered the use of. At some point over the next few weeks I hope to have the chance to go over everone's blogs again. I tried to keep up, but fell behind a little over a week ago. Streams of comments to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home