Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Update

I'm starting to settle back a little. I no longer feel like I need to send out resumes every ten minutes. It doesn't matter if I'm hired right now, a month from now, or two months from now. I'm making enough money to get by, and there's no rush to enter the rat race. It'll all happen soon enough. Hence, if I start whining about not having a job in your proximity, I give you full licence to slap me around a little.

More work has come up lately, but I'm strongly resisting moving away from my 2.5 days a week, unless something truly earth shattering comes up. The way I figure it, I'm professionally unemployed, and need to act accordingly. The big thing is to avoid the siren song of my current employer. I've seen too many people go that way for the wrong reasons - going from short term contract to short term contract not because it was what they wanted to do with their life, but because it was really, really easy to do.

Cottaging this past weekend was a great success, and thanks to all of you who made it out. Despite the rain on Saturday morning, we had some really good weather for it. I think the days of swimming have left us for the year, but the drive up is really something now that all the leaves are changing.

I'm not sure if it's still in theatres, but I highly recommend the movie Lord of War, with Nicholas Cage. It's the story of an arms dealer's rise to power. Very involved, and I believe they're fairly accurate with the surrounding historical events, even if the movie itself is fiction.

Not much is on the docket for today. I have to make a few phone calls, and take care of a few things. Other than that, I think it's time that I caught up on my literary fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home