Monday, January 30, 2006

Oh, Charles Bergman. Will you never learn?

I had the Evil Death Flu of Doom this weekend.

Here's how it works: you wish you were dead, but you know that you're not, because no one who is dead could possibly be in so much agony. You can feel every molecule of air as it bounces of your body at an incredible speed. Your stomach is twisted in knots, and should be so bold as to try and drink anything other than warm, flat gingerale, you will instantly regret it.

Oh, and you're also running a fever. So, good luck trying to sleep, because the only thing you have to look forward to is crazy fever-dreams. These may include dreaming that you're driving around a completely full million-kilometer-square parking lot, looking for a space. Or that you're a mechanic on the Death Star that has to check every single fitting. There are a lot of fittings on the Death Star.

I'm feeling much better. I owe much of my continued existance to Andrea. It's (relatively) easy to stand by someone when they're feeling well, but another thing entirely to look after them when they're nauseous, feverish, and really really gross.

In any case, I'm feeling much better now. I'm still halfway moved into my apartment, and can't decide what I should do to become fully moved into my apartment. Part of it, I think, should include hanging curtains of some kind, or perhaps removing the leftover cardboard from the Ikea boxes. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm not exactly a professional decorator.

Still, photos to be posted once I actually finish decorating the place.

Andrea and I have booked our vacation for Reading Week. We're going to Costa Rica, where we're going to stay near Manuel Antonio, in a resort called Costa Verde. The web page is pretty great. My favorite part is a typo in the article about the monkeys:

"Costa Rica’s squirrel monkeys are adorable, charismatic, sexy and critically endangered by Charles Bergman."

If that doesn't give you a great mental image of some pasty white tourist tearing through the jungle chasing after monkeys, I don't know what does.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

'Nee: I'm feeling much better, thanks. It was a very short-lived bug, but what it lacked in duration it made up for with its pure horror. At least I had a different fever-dream this time... if it stayed on the Death Star theme every time, I think I might end up losing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home