Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Breath Catching

... that's what I'm doing today. And for the past few days. And for the next few days afterwards.

Work's going well. I feel as though I'm getting settled in, now that all the furniture is in place. I owe Andrea a great deal of thanks for that - she came up last weekend, and finished furnishing the apartment while I was at work on Friday. It looks great. It looks like a real adult lives here. There are curtains in my apartment, of all things.

Later that evening, we had a few people over for a house warming party. This was particularly exciting, as I haven't had a proper party since I moved from Victoria Street. I really enjoy entertaining. Unfortunately, the size of my place is such that I couldn't fit more than eight people in the living room at any given time. I guess that means it's going to take even longer than usual to wear down The Bar again, especially with all the nice bottles of wine that my very thoughtful guests brought over.

Less than two weeks until Costa Rica, yet it still hasn't sunk in yet. Both Andrea and I have so much to do between now and then that it's probably not going to feel real until we get onto the plane. I was foolish enough to think that taking a course would be a good idea, and now I'm slowly getting buried in work for my first year course in Human Geography.

I'm debating whether or not I'm going to ask my landlord if I can keep a cat. On one hand, he would probably destroy my furniture and I'd have to change litterboxes. On the other hand, I could name him 'Baron Von Whiskers' and he could sleep on my exceptionally comfortable bed. Jury's still out on this one.

In case any of you are wondering what it feels like to be an adult, it's a lot like being a student, except you need to get up much earlier in the morning. And, usually, go to bed much earlier. As in, like, 9:00 pm. Lame, aren't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home