Thursday, November 30, 2006

Me Night

Tonight is a Me Night. Andrea's flying out to visit friends on the east coast first thing tomorrow, and the 1st Annual Gentleman's Weekend at the Cottage doesn't start until Friday evening. Tonight is mine, all mine.

Once I'd taken care of a few errands that I'd been meaning to get around to, I proceeded to cook up a massive steak and some mashed potatoes, then sat down to some Dr. Phil with my heart-attack-on-a-plate and a cold bottle of beer. Next on the agenda is a little music and reading, to be followed by a solid hour of pirate-related video gaming. By the time I was hired at the new job, this was pretty much what I was doing every night, so I was getting a little sick of it. Now that I'm busy again, this is a real treat. The circle of life, it moves us all.

It's taken until around now to get everything squared away for the weekend. Jake was kind enough to offer to check in the kittens. This is critical, as the little geniuses regularly spill their water bowls and manage to get themselves stuck behind the fridge. Sometimes both in the same twenty minute period.

I've been trying to get over a bad case of the Office Plague for the past few days, and it seems to be on the mend. It no longer feels as though someone's stuff a regulation softball inside my sinuses, so that's a huge improvement. I'd originally planned to combine my pirating with a glass of scotch and a cigar, but something tells me that office plague and tobacco smoke won't play nicely together.

I was hoping that we might have more unseasonable warmth for the upcoming weekend so as to make the porch-going experience a bit more pleasant, but the weather for the next week appears to be crappy with a chance of horrible. I don't think I've actually seen "ice pellets" on a forecast before.

Fortunately, most of what is planned for this weekend can be done strictly indoors. It includes beer-swilling, steak-eating, cigar-smoking, poker-playing, and whiskey-drinking. Not necessariy in that order.

I'm out... have a good night, and I'll have more on this after the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home