Monday, November 13, 2006

Update

The weekend's winding to an end, but its job is done. I was able to play no less than four hours of Sid Meier's Pirates!, and I gathered sufficient will power to stage a foray into a commercial shopping emporium for over an hour. This will likely not occur again until December 20th.

I was at the Remembrance Day ceremony down at Beechwood, and I have to say that it was a very nice service. The weather was far from ideal, but it was appropriate for the occasion and was not able to soak through our thick wool uniforms.

Andrea and I went to see "Death of a President", the 'documentary' that's based on the premise that President Bush was assassinated in October 2007. I'm a little surprised it didn't run longer in the major theatres, as we had to go to a no-name cheap theatre to track it down. Overall, I'd say it was a very interesting movie, and did not go out of its way to take any particular side. Just a very interesting instance of, "What if...?"

I'm still trying to plow my way through "The Invisible Man". Although interesting, this book should be prescribed for coffee-addicted insomniacs. I get about three paragraphs in and then, the next thing I know, sunlight is streaming in through my windows.

I wish I had more exciting things to write about. I'm quite happy with the way stuff is going, but it makes for some tedious blogging. I'm more or less certain that none of you care if I enjoyed swimming on Sunday, or if I made pizza on Friday evening. Eh. I'd like to tell you that this blog hasn't just jumped the shark, but you'll have to make that decision for yourself.

Okay, time to rescue my long-lost uncle from the clutches of the evil Baron Von Montbatton. Or something to that effect.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 p.m., Blogger Jon said...

Didn't I plug Pirates! to you about six months ago?

 
At 10:55 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Jon: You totally did, and it's a lot of fun. I still really like Pirates of the Caribbean, but the bloody game is so buggy that it's hard to play.

I still haven't beaten it yet. I have to work this weekend, so something tells me it won't be anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home