Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thoughts

I've been enjoying the swimming lately, although I haven't had the chance to get out there as much as I'd like. Hopefully that changes, as it appears as though Army will not be taking up my weekends for a while, at least. It's been a while since I last slept late, and woke to freshly made cinnamon buns and coffee that could take the paint off a battleship.

The rest of the post is about resolutions. I don't believe in New Years resolutions. I believe that resolve is something that is not time-dependant. Now that I feel like I'm getting settled into Ottawa, I think I'm going to make the following resolutions:

- Swimming. Do that more often.

- Reading. Make the time to enjoy the intellectual books (and the not-so-intellectual books) that have been gathering dust on the shelves.

- Projects. Once I start one, I should see it through. If I can't see it through, I shouldn't start it.

- Honesty. I wouldn't call myself a dishonest person by any stretch, but I've been know to respond to direct questions with versions of the truth I felt were more pleasing to the ear than others. Next time someone asks an honest question, they get an honest answer.

- To become a man of action. If I want to see an idea become reality, then I'm going to have to be willing to stand up behind it and put in the hours. Not to say that a little creative complaining doesn't do wonders for the soul, but let's be honest here - solving problems without implementing or communicating the solution is little more than intellectual self-gratification.

- Silliness. More of that, too. Does that even count if you put "silliness" down as a resolution, like it's something on a 'To Do' list? I'm not sure, but it's probably better than not having it down at all. So, down it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home