Thursday, August 25, 2005

Lazy Thursday

Jake's re-cresting was yesterday, and I have to say that it went pretty damned well. There were go-karts, and really hot wings. We got in a few rounds of pool, and challenged each other with a round of chess.

Jake didn't know he was being re-crested. I'd told him that I wanted to play chess on Wednesday, and told him at the last minute that I "needed his help with something." We then proceeded to spend 20 minutes in the truck, not talking, as we went on our way to do "something." I was trying to be myserious. Jake thought I might need his help to move a fridge.

In any case, he had a pretty good idea what was going on once we got to the go-kart track.

I've enjoyed my unemployment for the past little while. I'm pretty sure that it'll get old once everyone goes back to school, and I'm spending most of my time out at the cottage. Still, I've resisted the temptation to pile more on my plate, just for the sake of being able to take some time for myself. A job offer might appear at any point over the next few weeks, so what's the point in rushing into something new?

But, with the free time I have, I would like to do something worthwhile. I think that I'm going to work at getting into better shape. I've already joined GoodLife, and have made arrangements to meet with a personal trainer. I think it'll be worth the cost - it's not cheap, but I think it'll help me break myself of some old bad habits.

Some friends are going to be leaving Kingston soon, and we're planning something of a send-off dinner for them at AquaTerra tonight. I think it'll be a lot of fun. There should be about seven of us there, which'll be the largest crowd that we've ever dined with there.

Also, I was the subject of mockery last night because I have AquaTerra programmed on my cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home