Monday, August 15, 2005

And the mystery destination was...

New York City!

I have to hand it to Andrea. She had me guessing right until we took the exit off the 401 for the bridge to the USA. At that point, I still didn't know where we were going, so I had to lie to the custom's guard that we were going to Watertown for the weekend to go shopping.

I didn't know (for sure, that is) until we turned off the I-81 somewhere in Pennsylvania to go to New Jersey. Me being the expert Theatreographer that I am, I knew that The Producers was unlikely to be playing in New Jersey, but thought it might be reasonable to head to New York.

And, New York it was.

The hotel was gorgeous, and right in the middle of the threatre district. We checked in, and headed next door to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We were just stepping inside, when my good friend Dan and his girlfriend, Chrissy, caught up with us. I had no idea they were going to meet us there. Once I'd found out that we were going to New York, that was the one thing I was sad about - that I wouldn't be able to have a visit with Dan, after all the times that we'd tried to put together a weekend visit to the city and had it not come together.

The rest of the weekend was a blur, but a lot of fun. We ate lunch at a classic New York deli where the sandwiches are the size of a regulation football. We wandered through Times Square. I had a cigar in Central Park. We saw the Broadway production of The Producers. We slept in. We ate out. We went bar hopping.

Good times.

Okay, I need to head to Ottawa. Interviews begin tomorrow. Here's hoping things go well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home