Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ryan News, in Point Form

- We spent the weekend at the cottage. It was beautiful. We went sailing. I got very, very sunburnt. I helped my step-niece beat a couple of levels on Tony Hawk 3. I was very absorbed in the video games. I think it's time to pick up a few new ones.

- Word from the mother is that she's going to replace my grandfather's old boat (the infamous "big red boat" of cottage fame) next year. When that happens, the old boat becomes mine. And yes, I intend to wear a captain's hat, smoke a corncob pipe, and insist that my passengers call me "Cappy".

- We had our course party on Sunday night. I was introduced to the wonderful invention, "the Irish car bomb." I am still having trouble looking at fluorescent lights.

- I graduated from my course, placing third in the rankings. We celebrated with a graduation breakfast. They served steak and eggs. Delicious. We celebrated with a few cigars, and then called it a day.

- Work is over until September (at the earliest). I am now a Man of Leisure. I woke up late, ran errands, and now I'm going back out to the cottage for a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home