Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ryan on Fashion: The Tumor Bangs


In the past, I've pointed out fashion trends that bother me. In that vein, I'd like to introduce tumor bangs.

Tumor bangs are defined as the retro-vintage hairstyle that involves really, really poofy bangs out front that make girls look like they're hiding an oversized tumor. They're brought to you by the same people who invented mixed blond-brown hair, and those damned fur-lined boots that teenaged girls wore in winter (and spring). I think I actually saw a set of the damned things in Cuba, of all places.

And now? Tumor bangs. They're everywhere. I think I saw no less than five or six girls at the bar with the exact same hairstyle last night. And it's only going to get worse. This is one of those annoying fashion phenomenons that will grow, well, like a tumor.

To further educate myself on this style, I'd like to ask the following questions:

- Was it a particular celebrity who started this? If so, who?

- Where is the greatest concentration of this current fashion virus? I'd say there was 8% coverage at Elixir. Can anyone top that?

- Could anyone explain what the big attraction is?

Thank you, and goodnight.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Lindsay in Arrested Devellopment has that hairstyle in one episode.

 
At 9:31 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Riz: Did any of your photos from the other night turn out? I'd like to post a real-life example.

Richard: I still need to watch that show. I've heard good things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home